Financial Sector Deepening Africa together with Nathan Associates analysed different aspects of leasing in Africa. The study, published in March, applies a market systems approach to agricultural equipment leasing in sub-Saharan Africa in order to capture a holistic view of how the leasing market currently works.
The analysis entails core market functions such as supply and demand as well as supporting market functions and the policy environment.
Topics covered in the country analyses in detail
- Capacity of financial sector
- Relative importance of agriculture in the overall economy
- Total employment provided by the agriculture sector
- Presence of major agricultural equipment suppliers
- The presence of leasing companies
Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.